Friday, August 20, 2010

I got an Infection from a manicure that turned my nail green...How can I disguise it?

My cuticle was cut and now about 1/3 of my nail is green due to an infection in the nail bed. the dermatologist said it would take about 6 months to return to normal. How can I disguise this ugly thing without using nail polish?





I've been using a band-aid on it for the last week or so but if you can come up with a more subtle option please let me know. Also any tips if you have.





Thank YouI got an Infection from a manicure that turned my nail green...How can I disguise it?
Band aids, or gloves would be probably your only options. But the color will probably fade as your treatment progresses.I got an Infection from a manicure that turned my nail green...How can I disguise it?
You can't disguise it without nail polish, that's the only way to hide it. Or just keep using band aids. DId they give you anything to put on it? There are alot of fungus (it is a fingus) solutions you can buy in the pharmacy that may help to minimize the green a little quicker.
You will almost always have to cover this kind of infection up with nail polish. SORRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
try scrubbing it with acetone
green nail polish duh
well, honestly - you should let the nail breath as much as possible. don't worry about a band-aide or anything of the nature. all you gotta do is allow the body some time to recover, keep healthy so the recovery is as quick as possible, and you won't have to see the green nail anymore.





if you're being treated for the infection, it is most likely not going to stay green anyway (the color is a side effect of the bacteria/fungus that caused the problem, as soon as that's killed, the color should go away) the nail is more probable to stay weak and just take time to grow out the damaged skin.





- also, 1/3 of a nail is not that big an area...you're probably the only one who notices it -

No comments:

Post a Comment