Friday, July 30, 2010

Girls, during a manicure, how do your nails get trimmed?

A few days ago I got a manicure which just seems odd to me. I get them once in a blue moon so I don't know that much about them, but.... The manicurist trimmed all my fingernails at a different length. I asked her why she did that, and she said that it's to make sure that all the nails will be the same length (measuring from the top of the pink part of the nail to the bottom of the white part). She said once the color nail polish will be applied, they will look more symmetrical that way. That just doesn't seem right to me - I thought that nails are supposed to be trimmed in such a way that the white part on each nail is the same length. So, what is the right way to trim the nail - to make the length from the top of the pink part to the bottom of the white part the same or to make just the length of the white part of the nail the same on each finger? Do different rules apply for a French manicure as opposed to other nailpolish colors?Girls, during a manicure, how do your nails get trimmed?
I don't get manicures that often, but the manicurist has always trimmed mine so that each nail has the same amount of white part. I've had mine but french tipped and regular polish. I guess it just depends on where the manicurist learned to do nails. . . . Seems a bit odd though!Girls, during a manicure, how do your nails get trimmed?
I like them even,but I just get a regular manicure not the painted white tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment