Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can I get fake nails and french manicure while pregnant??

So...I kinda know what my guy is getting me for Christmas...hehe...he left something out about it, and I really think my nails need to be done when he gives it to me...especially since I know I will want to show people. I bite my nails...so I have none. I used to get my nails done, acrylic, all the time but have not since pregnant. Is it safe to go get them done??Can I get fake nails and french manicure while pregnant??
I've gotten my nails done all throughout my pregnancy (I have acrylic nails). People will say it's unsafe to inhale all those fumes (with the acrylics), but, then again what is totally safe? Is it unsafe to drive and breathe in exhaust fumes? It is unsafe to go outside and breathe the polluted air? You'll be fine %26amp; your baby will be fine as well. It's not like you are breathing all those acrylic fumes all day, every day. Get your nails done! Good Luck!Can I get fake nails and french manicure while pregnant??
i did it, my baby came out fine.
No
My nail artist wouldnt do my nails they have all broken off now! she said the acrylic gets in through the skin or something, whatever reason hair dye isnt good is the same. You might have to suggest something else to him sorry
Tell them at the salon before they start!





I just answered something like this---but the reason I read to stay out of salons is the strong chemical smell can make you sick. :)





Good luck and have a Merry Christmas!! You'll be so excited you won't care what your nails look like in the end!!
I am sure it is okay, I see alot of pregnant women getting them done, but as for me I always stayed away from those places only because of the fumes that the stuff they use give off. I was not sure if they were harmful or not.
I don't see why not, I used to always have pedicures when I was pregnant. Maybe bring something to cover your nose and mouth the smell in the nail salon can get overwhelming.
It is totally fine. The only thing doctors would recommend is you wearing a mask like the salon techs do. This will help you no breathe the dust and chemical so much.





Good luck.
uuhh, yeah. Why couldn't you??
yes just be careful around the fumes
OMG! I am pregnant too and I think my bf is getting the same thing your boyfriend is getting you for Christmas! Haha! How far along are you? I got my nails done in my 3rd trimester, but I actually just had them removed because I am gonna be having my baby in less than 3 weeks and I didn't think I'd have time for the upkeep. It's fine though. Pregnant woman need some pampering. Maybe ask them if you could wear a mask or somehting if you're worried. I didn't even think about having my nails looking pretty for the big day..UG! Good luck and congrats!
Yes - No problems
Yes, but be careful about being in a salon with a lot of fumes. The fumes are what is dangerous, especially if they are concentrated.
I can't imagine it's bad for you... but I'm sure you're aware of the kinds of infections you can get from nail salons being not hygenic. If they don't clean scissors or nail files, you can get bacteria under the nails. It doesn't happen everywhere and it's probably not something to worry too much about.





I would still get my nails done. but make sure the place you go to is sanitary. I hope you're right about your boyfriends present! :)





good luck!
I had mine done while I was pregnant. The smell at the nail shop bothered me a bit but I have never heard any reason you could not.
I would say so... but ask your obgyn
It's not safe! The chemicals and nail polishes are really bad for the baby... There is some kind of nail polish you can get that if you bit your nails, it tastes bad so you don't wanna bite them anymore.
Yes. Having acrylic nails done during pregnancy is something alot of women continue to have done.





The important question is whether or not you want to subject yourself to the dust, chemicals and smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment