Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Self Manicures - Nail polish and base/top coats?

I like doing my own nails, but I can't seem to find good quality nail polishes and base/top coats that dry quickly. To date, I like using China Glaze nail polish because it dries VERY fast, and I like the variety of colors, but their top coat is way too thick and pulls my nailpolish (the color actually starts to come off my nails).





Can anyone recommend a good quality, fast drying nail polish, and more importantly a good quality, fast drying base/top coat?





Thanks for your help! :o)Self Manicures - Nail polish and base/top coats?
My favorite brand for colors is OPI. They have very rich, pretty colors, and is very high in quality (it DOES NOT chip off). However, like China Glaze, their base/top coat is a little thick. I use something called ';Out the Door'; made by a company called INM.


http://www.sallybeauty.com/INM-Fast-Top-鈥?/a>


As the name suggests, it dries very quickly, but also is protective. It really gives the nails a good shine, and doesn't affect the coat under it when applying. I really recommend that one.





I hope I helped!Self Manicures - Nail polish and base/top coats?
The problem is that your nails are too oily when you are applying your base coat. Before even applying the base, use some remover and wipe down all the nails, then use OPI Chip Skip primer, which is a watery, instant-dry formula. After that, use Orly Bonder Base Coat and then after polishing, a good top coat I use is Seche Vite or OPI.
OPI and Essie nail polish. They can be a little expensive,if you want something cheaper Ulta brand nail polish works very well too.





I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, it dries the nail polish in about 15 seconds and it leaves a glossy finish that lasts about a week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment