Friday, August 20, 2010

Nail polish coming off after manicure?

I am a NailTech for 14 years now. I do natural nails. I have a client coming in latley saying the polish came off a nail for no reason. I am thinking if I did not prep the nails right the polish would come off more than a nail.


Clients thumb nail had 1/2 the polish gone. looked like it was picked on. She stated the last visit the polish came off two toe nails. She exersises hard. spinning classes, jogging etc.


I always guarntee my service. Do I just keep removing the polish and repolishing or is it time to send her on her way. She is coming in today. I dread doing her service as this does not happen to any other client.Nail polish coming off after manicure?
Ask specifically what their activities are with their hands and feet. Excessive showering, baths, hot tubs with the chlorine or bromine, washing and scrubbing hair and dish washing will all contribute to flaking, peeling polish. Sounds like lots of abrasion with jogging, spinning, probably hot tubs, bathing, etc. It's just too much abrasion for normal nail finishes. You may want to consider trying the UV activated gel and UV cured polish. I think your customer should pay however. I understand that the finish will last for about 2 weeks even with activity. My wife gets that and even with housework, keyboard work, etc., the finish stays for 2 weeks, without flaking and looks great.Nail polish coming off after manicure?
do you file before polishing..maybe her nails are naturally oily...or maybe she has a crush on you!
  • buy cream
  • wrinkle cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment