Sunday, August 22, 2010

What manicure supplies to bring to the nail salon?

I want to buy my own manicure supplies to bring to the nail salon.


The obvious would be a nail filer, top coat nail polish, clear nail polish, different nail polish of your own choice, nail polish remover...what else?





I want to bring own nail/manicure stuff to avoid infections or germs from another person like this it's more sanitary!





If you can suggest really good brands I would appreciate it!





I want a nice, clear and detailed answer on what supplies I need to bring there so that only my stuff is used thank you!


I really want good answers!


I waWhat manicure supplies to bring to the nail salon?
There is no reason for you to do this as long as you go to a salon which has high standards when it comes to proper sanitation and disinfection. For example, nail files should never be used on more than one customer unless they can - and have been, disinfected. But, most files are disposable, thus they need to be discarded after each and every customer. The polish - both topcoat, and colored polishes do not harbor bacteria, so no need to worry about that. Nail polish remover is not necessary to bring with you since the tech will be using a fresh pad every time she uses it. They normally use acetone anyway, and not polish remover. My suggestion is to make sure you go to a salon that disinfects their implements, and uses only those on you. Avoid the chop shops that don't disinfect their implements, or who use files and sanding bands over, and over. That is how you will get an infection. But honestly?Go to a top notch, CLEAN salon and you really don't have to worry about it. Also, please consider this. Who is going to disinfect your things in between visits? You would have to disinfect each and every thing that came into contact with your nails and/or skin between visits. Having your own things to bring to a salon may sound like a good idea, but if you fail to disinfect properly, your tools won't be clean. And that can cause you just as many problems as them using dirty implements, or files on you. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment